Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Sweet Babies


Don't ask me why we call these little balls of fried goodness sweet babies. Jamons grandma (Mama) makes these and I think she calls them sweet puppies (like hush puppies) anyway at this house they shall be called Sweet Babies per Meredith Reid. They taste like a funnel cake to me.
Take a can of cheap biscuits (the little kind)
Heat up some oil either in a fryer or a skillet and break the biscuits into small pieces. I pinch one biscuit into four parts. Then drop them in the oil, turning them frequently and take them out when done. Then you can either sprinkle with powdered sugar or make a glaze.
The glaze is 2 cups of powdered sugar, 1/2 tsp vanilla and about 3-4 T. of milk. Then you just stir it until it turns to glaze and pour it over the biscuits. I do this before so I can pour it on the hot biscuits.
There you go. Cheap, easy (slightly white trash) dessert. Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment