Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Broccoli Salad



I know everyone is Oklahoma probably has a Broccoli Salad recipe. This is how my Momma makes it so this is how I believe it should be done. Now all this can be adjusted to your liking. If you are a fan of some facebook page called Ilovebacon.com then you should probably add a little extra. Or if you don't care for red onion just add a little or none at all. It ain't rocket science folks. Try this salad. My family thinks it's a lovely treat and I have never taken it to a pot luck where I wasn't asked for the recipe.

Salad

1 bunch of broccoli diced
5 pieces of cooked bacon
1 cup shredded cheddar
1/2 cup red onion

Dressing

1 1/2 cups of mayo
1/2 cup of sugar
2 TBS. vinegar

2 comments:

  1. This is seriously amazing...and easy. Best broccoli salad I have ever had. It was the best memorial weekend decision for me to make this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wowza! Love it. I'm seriously contemplating just taking one day and making everything on this blog. Travis thinks I am this glorious cook now...and I'm totally not going to tell him that I'm cheating from your blog. haha! Thanks for the good food Kim!

    ReplyDelete