Monday, May 10, 2010

Brazilian Black Beans


This recipe was one my neighbor friend Sara gave me. I liked this dish because it was made from things I normally have on hand and it was quick and easy. The juice and chicken broth really give the beans a lot of flavor. This was like nothing I have made before so it was nice for a change. I did double the recipe so that the whole family could eat it and we would have some leftover.

2 servings
Saute in 1 T olive oil in a skillet:
¼ c onion sliced
¼ poblano pepper, seeds removed, diced (I used bell pepper)
1 T. garlic minced

Stir in:
1 c canned black beans, drained, rinsed
¼ c chicken broth (water is also ok)
¼ fresh orange juice

Cook until liquid is nearly evaporated, 8-10 min

Off heat, add:
½ c mandarin oranges, drained
½ c cherry tomatoes, halved
Juice of ½ lime
Salt and pepper to taste

serve over rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment