· 2 eggs, beaten
· 1 teaspoon soy sauce
· 1 teaspoon sesame oil or vegetable oil (I used olive oil because that is what I had)
· 1 clove garlic, minced
· 1 tablespoon cooking oil
· 1 stalks celery, thinly bias-sliced (1/2 cup)
· 3/4 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced (left this out because I didn’t have any)
· 1 8.8-ounce pouch cooked white rice
· 1 medium carrot, shredded
· 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
· 2 tablespoons soy sauce
· 2 green onions, sliced (about 1/4 cup)
1. In a small bowl combine eggs and 1 teaspoon soy sauce. Set aside.
2. Pour 1 teaspoon sesame oil into a wok or large skillet. Preheat over medium heat. Add garlic and egg mixture and stir gently to scramble. When set, remove egg mixture from the wok. Cut up any large pieces of egg mixture. Remove wok from heat.
3. Pour 1 tablespoon cooking oil into the wok or skillet. (Add more oil as necessary during cooking.) Return to medium-high heat. Stir-fry celery in hot oil for 1 minute. Add mushrooms, stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes more or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
4. Add cooked rice, carrot, and peas & chicken. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons soy sauce. Cook and stir for 4 to 6 minutes or until heated through. Add cooked egg mixture and green onions; cook and stir about 1 minute more or until heated through.
5. Makes 6 side dish servings