Monday, August 3, 2009

Pizza Meatballs


Okay so this isn't the best photo I have ever taken. Sorry. Sometimes I forget to take pictures of my dinner. I serve these meatballs with spaghetti. Since my hubby doesn't really like spaghetti much I have to jazz it up so he won't complain. The kids and I like to eat spaghetti and obiously it is a frugal meal. I cut this recipe in half and it makes plenty for our dinner and then enough for Jamon to have meatball sandwhiches for lunch. See, everyone is happy now. I got this from an old Taste of Home magazine. I love cheese so the cheese in the middle makes these meatballs extra yummy. Here you go.

Ingredients:
2 cups seasoned bread crumbs
1 cup milk
1/4 cup dried minced onion
2 teaspoons garlic salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 pounds ground beef
1 block (8 ounces) mozzarella cheese
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup canola oil
2 jars (28 ounces each) pizza sauce (Just use regular size jars of sauce. This is a lot of sauce if you do 28 ounces)

Directions:
In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 48 meatballs. Cut mozzarella into 48 cubes, 1/2 in. each; push a cube into the center of meatball, covering the cheese completely with meat. Roll lightly in flour.
In a large skillet, brown meatballs in oil; drain. Add pizza sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until meatballs are no longer pink. Serve over pasta or rice, in buns or as an appetizer. Yield: 4 dozen.

No comments:

Post a Comment