Thursday, August 13, 2009

Jamie's Zucchini Bread


My friend Jamie gave me this recipe when she saw I had one million zucchini sitting on my kitchen counter. She comes on Monday and brings me the coupons she has saved me from her newspaper and I give her some garden veggies in return. So that is a great trade for me. I made this yesterday and it was super easy and good. I did one loaf of bread and one pan of muffins (6). I took the muffins out after 30 minutes. The bread needed 55 minutes. I think my loaf pan was bigger.

3 Eggs
1 Cup Oil
2 Cups Sugar
1 Tsp Salt
1 Tsp Baking Powder
1 Tsp Soda
2 Cups Peeled, Grated Squash or Zucchini
2 Tsp Cinnamon
3 Cups Flour
1/2 Cup Nuts

Beat eggs til foamy with mixer. Add oil, sugar, squash. Mix well-don't use mixer. Add dry ingredients that have been sifted together. Makes two small loaves. Bake 325 degrees for 45 minutes.

(Only fill loaf pan 1/2 full as it will rise)

No comments:

Post a Comment