Thursday, June 25, 2009

Pita Bread


JR wanted to take a sandwich for lunch today. Too bad, so sad. No bread in the pantry. Whoops. Then I had to cancel my lunch plans to go out for a pita sandwich with my girlfriends because I had to work. Too bad, so sad. Then I put the sweetest baby on the planet down for his nap and looked at my little bloggers that I check and low and behold the Lord giveth me a pita bread recipe that I had everything to make. He’s cool like that. So I whipped up these sandwiches for lunch and have plenty of bread leftover for breakfast pitas in the A.M. and also the hubby can happily pack up his lunch tomorrow. These were super good. CLICK HERE for the recipe. Now for my comments. I don’t have one of those fancy pants cooling rack things to cook these on so I hunted for something to use. I ended up cooking them on my crumb rack from the bottom of my oven. Yes, I washed it off first! The nerve of you people! Then toward the end it started getting too hot so I just flipped those babies right onto the oven rack which worked out fine and dandy. That’s what you should do if you don't have the pan she speaks of (side note for the retarded friends.) For you workin gals you could make a batch of these on the weekend and have some yummy pitas for lunch all week long. Go ahead and do it. You will be the envy of the office.

1 comment:

  1. I think I will have to come over for your leftovers! This looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete