Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Salmon Turnovers


I was just telling Julie the other day how I had some canned salmon that needed to be used. I’m not that big on salmon patties. Why do I keep buying canned salmon? I don’t know….to punish myself I guess. Anyway I found this lovely gem over at thehappyhousewife.com. Along with some others I will be sampling. I thought these were delightful and super easy to make. I also think you could cut your crescents even smaller and serve as an appetizer at a party. That would go over well. Don’t you just love that crescent roll? So many things you can do with that thing. Try this out (especially if you do like salmon).

Salmon Turnovers- (makes 8 turnovers)
Ingredients:
· 2 (6 oz)cans boneless salmon
· 6 oz cream cheese
· 1 bunch green onion chopped
· 1 celery stalk chopped
· 2 tubes crescent rolls

Leave out cream cheese to soften
Cook onions and celery in about a tablespoon of butter on the stove top for 3 to 5 minutes.
Drain the salmon and put in a mixing bowl.
Mix together cooked onions, celery, cream cheese and salmon (drained)
Take the crescent rolls and put two together to make a square
Put a scoop (about 1/3 cup) of the mixture in the center of the square, then fold up the corners towards the center.
Bake for about 10 to 15 minutes in a 375 degree oven.
Ps. I felt like I could have cooked these a little longer…..

1 comment: