Thursday, April 29, 2010

My Day Friday (one day early)

Today was a good day. Today I knew what I was doing and why. There are so many days that I do not. So many days I say to myself, “why am I doing this?” Sometimes I wonder if I should go out and get a “real job”, are the kids being socialized enough, do they know everything they should know at this age, do they behave properly or are they completely out of control? So many times these thoughts run through my mind. Then today as I stood at my kitchen window and watched as my children held hands while enjoying a popsicle I cherished the moment and wished I could just stop time. I wished that they could be just as they were at that moment for the rest of my life. None of that other stuff mattered to me. I know that as they grow and learn there will be so many times that I wish I could just freeze the moment and today was just one of those times. I get so caught up in my life sometimes that I just forget to live. I forget to stop and really enjoy what is going on right in front of me. I forget that they won’t be this little precious age forever. They won’t always be right outside my kitchen window so I need to stop and be still and be thankful for the amazing gifts that the Lord has given me. And my prayer for them is that they will always be so close that it makes perfect sense to hold hands and eat popsicles.

1 comment:

  1. That is what it's all about! It is so great that you were able to capture the moment on your camera and in your heart!

    ReplyDelete