Friday, February 19, 2010

Black Bean Pizza


Okay so you know by now that I use a lot of beans. They are a cheap alternative to meat and when you cook every single day a girl just has to mix things up. If you are watching your weight I think you could make this very healthy by using a low fat cheese and maybe a whole wheat crust but what do I know about it? This pizza was really good. I got the recipe from Lynns Kitchen Adventures. She has lots of recipes I have tried and thought were very good. I made just a few changes from her recipe.

pizza crust, unbaked

2 cups black beans

1 14 1/2 ounce can rotel, partially drained, I drain about 1/2 the liquid off

black olives, sliced

1 packet taco seasoning

2-3 cups Mexican cheese, cheddar, or a mix of cheddar and jack (basically whatever you like)

Mix taco seasoning and tomatoes. Spread on crust. Sprinkle with green chilies, black beans, olives, and then sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 400 for 12-15 minutes or until done.

No comments:

Post a Comment