Monday, October 18, 2010

Apple Cobbler



Here is a super easy apple cobbler. My husband loves "fruit" dessert and this is one of his favorites. This came from Mama (Jamons maternal grandmother for those of you who are new to the blog). You can pretend it took you hours to make this one and everyone will believe you. If you are into that sorta thing.

Peel and slice apples. I used seven in this dish. You can fill it as high or low as you like.
Spread them in a 9X13 pan.
Melt a stick of butter and pour over the apples. Then sprinkle the top with brown sugar and cinnamon. I don't know how much. Lets just say a cup and if you feel the need to add more then please do so. You have my permission. Then sprinkle on the cinnamon.
Take a store bought crust and unroll and cut into strips and layer over the top. This 9X13 size takes two crust. But you can (and I do a lot) make this in a 8X8 and only use one crust. I sprinkle the crust with white sugar and a little tiny bit of cinnamon.

Bake at 400 for 30 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment