Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Heathers Apple Pie



Here's something new and different. I had never had anything like this. It was so easy. I really don't enjoy making pie crust so I was happy when this one was so easy. The only pain in the hiney thing is cutting up the apples. No one enjoys peeling and cutting up a bunch of apples. It is unpleasant.
This Heather (because we all know more than one Heather)is a gal I went to High School with and lived with for one year during college. During that time she baked a lot of sweets and in turn caused me to develop a sweet tooth I never had before. So yes, we can all agree to hold her solely responsible for my slight case of obesity.

Anyway here is the recipe. Plain and simple. Yes, it is weird there is cheese in the crust. No, I will not apologize for it. Just try it and see for yourself.

1 stick margarine (softened)
1 cup sugar
1 cup flour
1/2 cup grated cheese
6 small apples
Apple pie spice

Mix softened margarine, sugar & flour. Pat 2/3 mix into pie plate. Sprinkle grated cheese over crust mixture and lightly press in. Peel apples & slice, put into pie shell. Sprinkle with apple pie spice and water. Crumble rest of crust on top. Sprinkle with nuts if desired.

Oven temp: 375
Bake time: 45 min

2 comments:

  1. You're still alive! Thanks for the recipe. Miss you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I use butter instead of margarine? This sounds kind of divine. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete